Hello, I’ve decided to stop posting about my work and designs on this blog and move across onto a sub-domain of my portfolio website. This move makes customising my blog a lot easier and with more freedom. Please visit my new blog and bookmark my new address so you don’t forget. Thanks!
One of the last projects I did for year two semester 2 was to design an annual report for BMW. The project was to re-design a section of the annual report by using copy text and data from a previous report of BMW. I had to come up with a visual hook to make my design visually interesting. My concept of my annual report design is based on trying to continue their ‘JOY’ campaign by making my report look fun and visually appealing through typographic quotes, infographic data created with car parts and still in tact with brand colours.
Like my previous visual walk through blog posts, I will share my A3 sheets of research and development for this project.I will also try to explain what each page is about and what I was trying to achieve. Hope you enjoy looking through my work and click here to see my final outcome on my portfolio website.
Stage 1: Research:
Stage 2: Development
This brings me to the end of showing my research and development for my BMW annual report project. To see my final design click here to go to my portfolio website! Thanks for readings!
For a short project I was asked to create an A3 sized lyric poster with certain constraints such as using only 1 colour (including its tonal range and black and white), two typefaces and no pictorial elements meaning it had to be a typographic poster. The lyric poster had to be a favourite song, so one of mine is N-Trance’s Set You Free – which always gets me raving like a loony when it comes on in a club!
With further advice from my tutors, it was agreed that I needed to make a few adjustments such as making the type bolder and bigger by a few points and that the red design shows the meaning of the song more. I also added a few adjustments that I thought could improve my design such as experimenting with the emphasised areas of type and making the poster more realistic by including appropriate sale elements.
Hope you like it and thanks for reading!
I was given a university project to create an A4 sized booklet that I could refer back to when designing future editorial work. I had to research typography basics to refresh my knowledge and show my understanding. Some of these included; caps, lowercase, x-height, points, picas, type styles, readability, legibility, justification and optical alignment to name a few!
The next stage of this project was to show development for each design document we had to produce. The brief listed what had to be on each page document which was easy to follow. Like some of my past posts I will show my research and development and caption what each image is about. Hope you enjoy this post!
Stage 1: Typography Research
Stage 2: Document Design Development
To see the final outcome of my editorial and typographical booklet visit my portfolio by clicking here! Thanks for readings!
We where asked to create a portfolio website for ourselves to show our work to potential employers and people with the same enthusiasm towards graphic design. I decided straight away that my website would need it’s own domain and not use a sub-domain you get from free website building sites such as Wix and Moonfruit.
I’ve always been interested in web design as well as graphic design from a young age and have created a few websites in the past. I decided that I would install WordPress onto my domain sever so I could use their content management system and customise the look of my website by using free WordPress themes. I am currently using a free theme which shows my sites like a portfolio. I do plan to customise the layout more to make it more of my own, but for now this is ok.
I’ve added a logo that I’m currently using for my identity with a grey background that isn’t in your face as I think it’s best to not distract the viewer from looking at your work. I have also categorised my work into student work and work so people eventually see what I did at university and then see what I’ve done during/after. Finally, I added a plug-in which shows social media link so the viewer can share my work across different social networks if they wish.
To visit my website its: www.AdamNelsonDesign.co.uk – Hope you have a look!
Tonight I finished editing the video of my finished museum app. It took longer than I thought to edit but it was worth it. First of all, here are the rest of my screen developments for the end of my app.
With them shown it’s now time to reveal my video which shows how my app will look if a user was to use the app in the museum. I also added a song to the video that isn’t what you’d expect but i love it and it ‘almost’ goes with the theme of sweets. Hope you enjoy it!
I’ve have finished making all of my app screens for the G. Stevens Sweet Shop exhibit at Hull Streetlife museum and decided to show how my app works best was to make a video/animation of it. This interactive museum app is a short sample of what the final user experience will look like once all my screen frames have been edited and put together.
Enjoy and look out for the finished video really soon :)